On June 7, I celebrated my 46th birthday
In my 30’s I didn’t do much to celebrate my birthday. My mom, my brother and friends would tell me that I have to do something.
Quite often I’d do nothing, or once in a while I would go for a drink or supper with my brother on my birthday.
When I turned 40 I decided to turn a new leaf and celebrate a “birthday week”.
This past week I did just that! I am so grateful to have created such a wonderful week
Below are some highlights of my birthday week.
Sun June 2
– went for a fun technical mountain bike ride with my buddy Stu at the Canmore Nordic Centre
Mon June 3
– had a drink at Rundle Lounge at Fairmont Banff Springs my friend Andrea who was in town. It was a really good conversation!
Tue June 4
– hiked Tunnel Mtn with friends Tyler and Sam. Afterwards we did a soak in the frigid Bow River. I did it to mid-calf and couldn’t feel my feet lol.
Wed June 5
– did a hill interval bike ride on my own. A really good workout and super fun!
Thur June 6
– enjoyed a double floatation therapy session at FloatLife in Calgary in which I “floated” for 3hr10 min
– had fun playing pool and table tennis with my brother Duane while catching up
– on the drive into Calgary I had a wonderful phone call with my friend Corina in Dallas
– on the drive back to Banff, my friend Pete in Red Deer and I had a good catch up phone call
Friday June 7 (my actual birthday)
– loved spending the day at Willow Stream Spa at Fairmont Banff Springs
– had lunch with friends Masaki and Andrew
– treated myself to a Tree of Life Activation (a birthday gift to myself) facilitated by my friend Paul of Soul Genesis
– enjoyed a tasty homemade meal at Sam and Tyler’s place
– played the board game Abundance with Sam and Tyler while watching the Raptors win!
– capped our night off with fresh ginger “shots” in wine glasses
– had an epsom salt bath at home before having an 8hr sleep
– despite the intermittent snow on my birthday it was a great day!
My friend Josie suggested that I change the name of “My birthday week” to “Celebration of Scott”.
What do you think?
I’m truly grateful to have created such a wonderful birthday week celebrating ME with my brother and friends