Is the holiday season a tough time of year for you?
Do you feel anxious as soon as the calendar flips to December?
The holiday season can be a VERY difficult time for many people. If you are one of those people read on…
Suicides and relationship breakups tend to be at their highest during the holiday season.
Many people suffer in silence with depression and it is often amplified at this time of year.
The intention of this event is to have you get out of your house and interact with people who have experienced depression.
Anyone who has been affected by depression is welcome to come.
Did I mention that “You Are Not Alone” is free?!
Come join for 10 min, part of the day, or all day 🙂
You will most likely meet some amazing people…and you might even have FUN!
There will be different activities taking place inside the daylodge and outside. You are welcome to join in as little or as many activities as you’d like!
Activities planned at “You Are Not Alone” include:
– talking with people who know what you’re going through
– playing card and/or board games inside
– going for a skate
– cross country skiing (pay on your own)
– watching and/or being part of live Facebook videos which will share tools, resources, and stories of others who have battled depression
– optional supper at a Canmore restaurant (pay on your own)
– any other ideas? I am open 🙂
My name is Scott Walker. During my 18 year bipolar disorder journey I’ve had major depression a handful of times. This has included suicidal thoughts and me barely being able to get out of bed at times, neglecting showering, being totally inactive, and living in a pigsty.
Now I am fortunate to be consistently mentally stable, healthy and happy. That being said, I still find the holiday season tough at times. I personally will benefit from this event!
At “You Are Not Alone” I will be doing multiple Facebook live videos sharing about depression – experiences of myself and others, tools that help me now, tools that have helped me in the past and resources available.
Thank you Defending Awesome Shirts for this wonderful logo.
If you are still reading this…I highly suggest you click “join” this event and mark it in your calendar right now!
Consider bringing any/all of these to this event:
– an openness to connect with strangers
– something goofy/fun to wear!
– food to share
– card and/or board games that you enjoy
– skates, snowshoes and/or cross-country skis
– money to join us for dinner at a Canmore restaurant after the event (not included)
I’d love to see you there 🙂
Let me know that you’re coming by hitting reply on this post, sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or confirming via the Facebook event.